Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And away we go.....

This feels good! Finally, a place to "verbalize" all of the things I want to say, but probably shouldn't!  At this point, it's just about getting things out of my head, and not about who or how many want to read them. (Sorry, it's all about me!)  Actually, I'm not sorry that it's all about me.....that's what this is supposed to be about....ME!

No one ever really wants to admit that "it's" all about them; people might be offended or think that we mean it in a really conceited way.  But in reality, we should make it our priority for "it" to be all about US! Why live our lives for others? That's giving ourselves and our lives to other people when our lives should be our own. I don't mean that we shouldn't make others a priority in our lives and do for others. What I mean is, that we should do for others and make them a priority in our lives IF WE WANT TO, not because we feel obligated. I have spent the last 20 years of my life making the priorities of others my own. I tried to load the dishwasher like my ex-husband thought I should and fold his socks the way he wanted. I did things for friends that I really didn't want to do because I felt they were taking advantage of our friendship.  I compromised my work ethic to fit into a ridiculously hypocritical and blatantly "political" company. (Not everything trimmed in gold is treasure!) There are more examples, but I think you get the point.

Folding socks and loading the dishwasher a certain way are NOT priorities in my book, and anyone who enters a relationship with me at some future time must know this now!

So, from here on out, "it" is all about ME! I plan to spend my time doing the things I truly love and being with those that I truly love. I will continue to do for others, but will do so now because I want to, not out of guilt.  When I choose my next job, I will make darn sure that I scratch the gold to make sure it's solid and not just plated.

Now get out there and go do (or not do!) something for yourself, because you want to (or don't want to!).  I'm going to make another cup of coffee and go smoke....because I want to.

P.S.  It's 3:58 PM on Wednesday and I am still in my pj's....because I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment